Puppet making for kids age 8+.
Wed 17th Aug 2016 £35.00
This course will provide you with all the materials, tools and information to create your own rustic, puppet which can sit proudly in your garden or home. No puppet characters are the same and yours will be personalised by you by choosing the type of wood, shape of legs and type of hat! The course is set in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere and taught by Nadine Grundy, a qualified teacher who has taught arts and crafts in schools and workshops for 15 years. All the wood is sourced locally from Ecclesall Woods and is cut as part of their normal woodland management.
- Learn to use a bar auger to create holes in wood without power.
- Learn to use a shavehorse, a traditional woodland clamp and a drawknife to create tenons to fit the legs into the body.
- Learn to use a pruning saw to create the length of the body parts.
- Learn to use a hammer and nails to attach features such as buttons.
- Be creative and use paint to create an individual hat for your creation!
Arrive: 15 minutes prior to a 10.00am start
Depart: 3:00 pm
Directions: Please look at the map featured on the website.
What to bring: work clothes, pen and notebook, packed lunch
Let us know: if you have any special needs
Refundable up to two weeks prior to course (minus £10 admin fee)
No refunds for cancellations within two weeks of course
Lunch: bring a packed lunch.
Please book this course through www.ecclesallwoodscraftcourses.co.uk