Whittling & Woodcraft
1st to 2nd April (Fri and sat) 9.30 – 3.30 £140.00
On this exciting new course, learn to use a number of tools safely and effectively to create stunning decorative woodcrafts. Learn to use a knife safely and effectively to create butter paddles and letter openers. Learn to make a gypsy rose using a knife or drawknife and create a stunning wood fan. We will also learn the art of chipcarving and using colour on wood, bring a spoon and decorate it or use one of your creations from the first day.
You will go home with a handful of crafted items, which will leave you inspired to create some more!
The course is run in a friendly and relaxed environment by Nadine Grundy, who has a wealth of teaching experience and is a green woodwork practitioner.
- Learn how to use a carving knife, drawknife, gauges and pushknife safely and effectively
- Learn how to choose the best woods for various projects
- Learn how to use a carving mora knife to create designs and patterms on your spoons, spatulas and other projects.
- Learn the best ways to add colour to your work, experiment with milk paint, brusho dyes and home made mixes!
- Learn the best oils and finishes to add to your work
All materials and tools are provided for you on the day. You will need to bring a packed lunch – drinks are provided! wear suitable clothes for working outdoors.
Refundable up to two weeks prior to course (minus £5 admin fee) No refunds for cancellations within two weeks of course.