Bushcraft for kids (age 8+)
Wed 1st June 2016 £35.00
Could you survive in the woods on your own!
Learn basic bushcraft techniques such as shelter building, basic knots and lashing techniques, how to start a fire effectively, how to use a whittling knife to make traditional wooden pegs.
- We will also look at basic first aid and how to make useful materials such as string and a woodland mallet.
- The course is run in a friendly and relaxed environment by Nadine Grundy, who has been qualified in teaching art and crafts in schools and workshops for thirteen years and is also a forest school instructor.
- Learn how to start a fire safely and effectively.
- Learn basic knots and lashing techniques and how to make string out of natural materials
- Learn basic first aid and survival techniques.
- Learn the basic use of tools to create a woodland mallet and a traditional mallet.
Please let us know if you have any specific requirements or needs.
Refundable up to two weeks prior to course (minus £5 admin fee) No refunds for cancellations within two weeks of course.
All materials and tools are provided for you on the day. You will need to bring a packed lunch – drinks are provided! wear suitable clothes for working outdoors.
Please book via www.ecclesallwoodscraftcourses.co.uk